It is important to take good care of your pieces from Alice & Blair so they can be cherished for years. Please follow these steps to protect your pieces from damage.
Our headbands are hand made and incredibly delicate, so please treat them with the same care with which they were created.
- Please ensure to store them correctly and well out of the reach of children.
- If you are taking your pieces abroad, please be careful when packing your headbands and consider taking them in your carry on luggage.
- Remove headbands and jewellery while in water and avoid spraying perfume or applying creams where your pieces will have contact.
- Avoid extreme temperatures, humidity and sunlight.
- Any contact with perfumes, cosmetics and chemicals will cause discolouration to fabrics and semi precious materials.
Silver jewellery will naturally tarnish over time, which is not a fault and steps can be taken to ensure your jewellery does not tarnish.
- Using a soft lint free cloth to clean silver, 18ct gold and rose gold vermeil will keep jewellery looking shiny and tarnish free.
- Ideally store your purchases in a dark, cool and dry place within an air tight box to help reduce tarnishing, scratching and tangling.
- Gold plated silver may fade if the care instructions are not adhered to, do not expose gold plated silver to water, perfumes or lotions, this may cause the plating to fade. Gold plated silver may naturally fade over time.
- Gemstones should never be worn around hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaners.
- You can clean most gemstones with a soft, damp cloth after wearing.
- Very porous stones such as turquoise and emeralds should be cleaned using an untreated, dry, soft cloth only.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean as they can cause scratching.
We cannot be responsible for any damage due to negligence. Damage caused by general wear and tear is the responsibility of the owner. Tarnishing or discolouration due to chemical contact isn't classed as a fault. Please see above product care instruction on how to avoid this and enjoy your pieces!